Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Poker: Hobby, Sport, or Profit?

HDouble and his excellent poker site The Cards Speak has a quality post titled: Hobby, Sport, or Profit? Here's a bit:
Work and social commitments (ugh) have kept me off of the poker tables for the last couple of days, although I did manage to eek out a couple of short, barely-winning sessions on PartyPoker. I did get to engage with a thought provoking session with a reader via email, who brought me back to the question of "Why do people play poker?"

The reader astutely pointed out that although PartyPoker may be the most profitable place to play, it may not be the best. If our goal is not to win the most money, but to challenge ourselves intellectually, then most likely the site with the most fish is not the best place to play.
As always another kick ass post from HDouble! I play poker for a combination of the three reasons he mentioned. But I must admit... I love the rush... when I win and when I bluff. It's up there with some of the best feelings I ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment