Sunday, April 18, 2004

Congrats to Rick... While I'm Getting My Ass Kicked

I heard that Rick Blaine won the PJK 4 tourney. Congrats! You know Rick, that you only won because I wasn't playing!

Alas, I have been getting killed at the tables. I modified my game and tightened up after I met Felicia at the Bellagio where pretty much the first thing she said to me was, "Pauly, you play too many hands..."

All my great hands were cracked left and right. When I won pots, they were small. When I lost pots they were big and I was river'd to death. I know in the long run, I'll make out and have a fat bankroll... but it's difficult when you see sunburnt tourist idiots catch so many ridiculous cards and inside straights... it's enough to make me want to jump out of my 26th floor hotel room.

What to do? Keep plugging away and hopefully I'll catch good cards when they count the most... on Monday, I will play in a WSoP shootout at Binion's Horseshoe. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment