Monday, November 08, 2004

Vegas Blogger Tournament Update

32 days until the Holiday Classic! $50 entry fee for the first live bloggers NL tournament. There are only a few spaces left so send me an email ASAP if you want to play.

Dick from Buy It In Vegas recently posted some important information involving discounted rooms for the weekend. Call him directly for more details. Here's the skinny from Dick:
WPBT Holiday Classic at Sam's Town, December 11th

It is NFR (National Finals Rodeo) final weekend. As I said earlier, rooms are pricey. As of today, the "rack" rate for the 10th & 11th is $125 per night. Poker rate is $69 per night plus taxes. If needed, the 12th is $39 plus taxes.

If you wish to book at Sam's Town, call the poker room and ask for me, Dick. I suggest that you book by the 19th. I will check availability and will post any problems that I see coming up.

Direct line to poker room is (702) 454-8092 or 1-800 897-8696 (DO NOT ASK FOR RESERVATIONS), ask for Dick Gatewood. Off on Sundays and some Mondays.

I should be able to secure us a little extra cash for the tournament...
Dick has been working hard to make sure this runs smoothly. Derek and I went to Vegas last year during Rodeo Week and we had a blast playing poker with drunk cowboys! Some of your favorite bloggers will be playing in the Holiday Classic in addition to special guest Charlie Shoten. I'm also working on another celebrity guest. Stay tuned for more details.

UPDATED: The following bloggers have confirmed their Vegas appearance: Me, Derek, BG, Bob, Al Cant Hang and Mrs. Hang, Otis, Maudie, Bad Blood, The Poker Prof, Dick, Flip Chip, The Film Geek, Grubby, Felicia and Glenn, Foiled Coup, F Train, and Joaquin from My Little Poker Blog. A few others are on the fence and I have spots reserved for them.

OK, thanks to the Poker Prof and Dick, we got Sam's Town to host a tourney. Dick arranged Sam's Town to hook us you with a room discount. All you have to do is get to Vegas!

Novel Update: Visit Gumbo to read novel exerpts that I recently posted. I'm starting to hit my groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment