Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sunday Quickie: Seducing Pregnant Women, $1 M SNGs, and Top 10 Referrals

This upcoming week should be a busy one. I have a ton of freelance work that's due. I have a slew of reviews of poker related products that I was supposed to have posted weeks ago. Plus, on Wednesday of this week, I officially leave the Redneck Riviera and move in with Grubby for a few days. Plus I have to get as much poker in as possible! On Friday I'm flying to Boulder, Colorado for the weekend to hang out with my buddy the Joker and see Trey Anastasio Band at Red Rocks.

I've played a little online the last few days. Been kinda busy winding down my epic adventure here in Lost Vegas. Seems like I've been up to 7am everyday the past week.

The Redneck Riviera has been teeming with police cars the last few days and nights. I dunno what's up, but every morning I wake up and wander over to the store for my morning Orange Gatorade, someone is handcuffed and standing in between two squad cars. The other day a young woman was arrested for stealing a car at the AM/PM. The lady behind the counter told me that the unlucky woman was dumb enough that she said the stolen car was hers. A quick check by the cops proved that she was lying and she was driving a stolen vehicle. What a terrible bluffer.

Right now, I'm doing laundry and playing SNGs on Noble Poker. Still trying to win that $1 Million Challenge. I have more money in my account than when I started, but I haven't won two in a row yet. Grubby has been playing as much as he can as well.

In the laundry room, just a few minutes ago, I was hit on by a pregnant woman in her third trimester. She was smoking a cigarette. I dunno what's more disturbing, the fact that I returned her flirtation like a John McEnroe backhanded volley at Wimbledon or that I told her my name was "Iggy" and I was in town as an advanced scout for the circus.

Moving on...

Here are the Top 10 (Non-Google and Search Engine) Tao of Poker Referrals over the past week:
1. Las Vegas and Poker Blog (Flipchip & Poker Prof)
2. Guinness and Poker (Iggy)
3. Up for Poker (CJ, G-Rob, and Otis)
4. Aaron Gleeman
5. Double As
6. The Poker Grub (Grubby)
7. Wil Wheaton
8. The Cards Speak (HDouble)
9. Chick and a Chair (Joanne)
10. Al Cant Hang
10. Nickels and Dimes (Drizz)
This is my way of saying, "Thanks for the traffic!" Yeah, it was a 10th place tie with Al Cant Hang and Drizz!! Thanks to everyone who runs and writes for those sites, especially Aaron Gleeman who runs the best damn baseball blog in cyber space.

Back to the grind.

****** ******

You should be reading.... Lou Krieger and Jan's 50 Outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment